January 27 and 28, 2024 - Mushrooms hunter-gatherer (2 Days)
*The workshop will be given in French but the instructor is bilingual and will be able to answer questions in English.
Goal: To acquire the basic skills of foraging and processing wild mushrooms and of guiding groups on recreational foraging excursions.
Trainers: Biologist, certified trainer of mushroom gatherers, assisted by specialists in related fields.
Cost: $270 this includes a text book. For more information, visit the Mycoboutique or call 514 223 6977.
Participants: at least ten participants who enjoy the outdoors and hiking, want to pick and sell wild mushrooms and/or to practice mycotourism.
Note: Basic knowledge of French is advisable.
Dates: In French, Sundays and Sunday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm; an excursion at a convenient date chosen by the participant from our 2023 excursion program. Within a year of this class date, participants must pass a test to get our certification.
Location: A conference room near Mycoboutique's shop.
- Goals and Expectations 9:00-9:15 am
- The Fungi Kingdom 9:15-10:00 am
- Allergies and Poisonings 10:00-11:15 am
- Good Practices 11h15-12h00 am
- Identification 1:00-2:30 pm
- Gastronomical Species of North Eastern North America 2:45-4:00 pm
- Edible Species 9:00-10:00 am
- Medicinal Species 10:15-11:30 am
- Forest Access and Safety 11:30-12:30 pm
- Handling, Shipping and Conservation 1:30- 4:00 pm
A certificate confirms attendance and completion of exam; all questions regarding toxicity should be correctly answered (100%).
See cancellation policy