The Art of Natural Cheesemaking Using Traditional, Non-Industrial Methods and Raw Ingredients to Make the World's Best Cheeses
Book Language: English
Author: David Asher
Publisher: Chelsea Green Publishing
Publication date: 2015
Book also available in French.
Description: Including more than 35 step-by-step recipes from the Black Sheep School of Cheesemaking.
This book encourages home and small-scale commercial cheesemakers to take a different approach by showing them:
- How to source good milk, including raw milk;
- How to keep their own bacterial starter cultures and fungal ripening cultures;
- How make their own rennet—and how to make good cheese without it;
- How to avoid the use of plastic equipment and chemical additives; and
- How to use appropriate technologies.