Black Trumpets Thin Pie
Preparation : 30 min + soaking time of the mushrooms
Cooking time : 35 to 40 minutes
Serves : 4
- 260 g puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) water
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of Slippery Jack Smoked Mustard
- 30 to 60 g dried black trumpets
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 4 french shallots, thinly sliced
- 75 mL (1/3 T) white wine
- 75 mL (1/3 T) 35% cream
- 2.5 mL (1/2 tsp.) tarragon
- 45-60 mL (3-4 tbsp.) mascarpone
- Coarsely chopped bacon (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak mushrooms in warm water for 30 minutes and preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the puff pastry to the size of the baking sheet. Place the dough on the baking sheet previously lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and water, which will be used for the gilding. Using a brush, brush about 1 inch wide around the edge of the dough. Refrigerate the dough for 20-30 minutes so that it retains its shape during baking.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil and mushrooms over medium-high heat. After 7 minutes, add French shallots, white wine, cream and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the mustard over the dough, except for the edges. Spread several small dollops of mascarpone over the dough. Do not spread. If desired, add bacon. Spread mushroom mixture over dough.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and the bottom of the pastry is crisp.
Shop the story