Forest Blend Thin Pie
Preparation time: 30 minutes + soaking time of the mushrooms
Cooking time : 35 to 40 minutes
Serving : 4 people
- 260 g puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) water
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) Slippery Jack Smoked Mustard
- 30 to 60 g dried Forest Blend
- 3 french shallots, quartered
- ½ zucchini, thinly sliced and coated with oil (optional)
- 8 cherry tomatoes cut in half and coated with oil (optional)
- Crushed pistachios
- 45-60 mL (3-4 tbsp.) fresh goat cheese
- A drizzle of honey
- Soak the mushrooms in warm water for 30 minutes and preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the puff pastry to the size of the baking sheet. Place the dough on the baking sheet previously lined with parchment paper. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and water, which will be used for the gilding. Using a brush, brush about 1 inch wide around the edges of the dough. Refrigerate the dough for 20-30 minutes so that it holds its shape during baking.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil, garlic, mushrooms, french shallots and nutmeg over medium-high heat until mushrooms begin to brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread mustard over dough, except on edges. Add zucchini slices in a thin layer. Spread the mushroom mixture over the dough. Sprinkle with tomatoes and pistachios.
- Bake in the lower part of the oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the pie is golden brown and the bottom of the pastry is crisp.
- Spread goat cheese over hot pie and drizzle with honey.
Shop the story